Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pile It On

Wow.
The end of the semester is so bittersweet. I love it because it means I'm that much closer to Christmas and New Year's, and eventually the end of the year. This year I'm especially looking forward to it because it means that my first semester of college is officially over!
On the other end of the scale, however, the end of the semester sucks. I think it's worse than any other part. The end of the semester is the time in which every teacher seems to pile on the work. I hate it. I hate the fact that I have two twelve page papers due, and loads of homework and studying for tests to do. It seems like I won't have enough time to finish all of this. I know that this feeling is partly due to my extreme love of procrastination, but it's really getting ridiculous.
I just feel so stressed, and, of course, the stress isn't helping my sinus infection, or my motivation. I know that I will get As in my honors seminar and my English class, but I am not sure if I'll be getting an A or an A- in my German class. Right now it's looking like it'll be an A-, and that's just making things harder for me. I guess the thing I'm most stressed about is my grade in astronomy. I changed that class to a pass/fail basis because I knew that I wouldn't be able to get an A, and I didn't want to ruin my GPA. Unfortunately, passing is a grade of C or higher. Not even a C- is acceptable. I'm concerned because right now I'm sitting at pretty much exactly a C.
To make all the stress worse, the whole roommate situation is a little ridiculous. Right now it's just kind of at the point where we know it's only a few more weeks of dealing with each other, so we're cordial. We both tend to avoid the room most of the day, though.
Well, I, being the procrastinator that I am, am actually supposed to be working on a rough draft of my research paper for soc right now, so I'm going to go back and do that.



PS: I miss Chewie. This is the last picture I got of him.

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

I am so sorry about Chewie. Your mom told me that you guys had to put him down. You at least got to be there, it would have been worse to just hear about it.
Buck up about school. You'll do fine and if you maintain that C it'll all work out in the end. The work gets harder as you go along but you find your groove and fly right through those 4 years!
Love you! It's almost Christmas~ Yay!