Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rainy Days

I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about rainy days that makes me want to curl up in a chair with a book and hot chocolate. It's always harder to wake up in the morning when the sun isn't shining through the window, and it's even harder when I've only gone to bed a few hours before. On the other hand, I love the rain. I love listening to it hit the window pane while sitting in complete silence. I love walking to classes without an umbrella or hood, and just letting it fall on me. There's something about the smell of rain, too. It just smells clean (at least here, where there's not too much pollution). I'm looking out the window... and right on cue, it's starting to rain again.

PS:
Just below are some pictures from the colorado swim club trip... the bottom picture is just all of us that went.




2 comments:

Cori said...

So does this mean that you don't need that umbrella? ;-) I'm glad you like the rain. I do, too, and it's a good thing because the rain gauge completely filled up today!

Chauntel said...

I love the rain. LOVE IT! Unfortunately, you are right, the smog does hamper the smell a bit.
Can you guys send some to my on-fire-state over here??